It is well known to all that iTunes is one of the known applications installed on all Mac Computers or even on Windows computers (Condition is the user must have one IOS device at least). Originated from Apple, it allows you to access all the downloaded videos, movies, TV series and much more on your computer.
A person rarely uninstalls iTunes account from the computer but if he/ she does so, it’s because of the following reasons:
- In case you want to reset your iTunes
- Secondly, when you want to reinstall its older itunes version.
The uninstalling process of iTunes on windows is quite easy though but when it comes to removing iTunes account from mac, it’s somewhat tricky! It is complicated enough! But don’t worry we are here to help you out.
If you own a Mac computer but don’t know how to uninstall iTunes mac completely, you have landed on the right page. You must have got to see the message “iTunes.app” can’t be modified/ deleted (It’s generally because it’s required by macOS)
Why so? It’s because Apple does not allow the removal of the standard application. Sit back and relax, you can delete iTunes from your Mac despite the warning.
Today, we are going to discuss the right ways to uninstall iTunes from your mac computer. Keep your paper and pen ready because it’s time to get started!
But before digging in, note down the overview of today’s article, that is the topics we are going to cover today:
- How to uninstall iTunes on a Mac Manually
- How to Uninstall Apps on a Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Let us discuss the points in detail:
How to Completely Uninstall iTunes on Mac
Do you know about the word “system integrity protection” (SIP)? Well, it is from Apple which limits the actions that user may take on protected parts of the Mac operate system guidelines. Also, it is important to disable this SIP in order to remove standard Apple programs such as iTunes. Below is the step by step procedure to completely uninstall itunes mac :
- First of all, restart your Mac computer. Then, press the shortcut key that is Command+ R while the reboot is in progress.
- Next, you will get to see the recovery mode. Recovery mode means an unusual startup window. In this Menu bar, you have to hit Utilities and then select Terminal option from there.
- Next, you have to go to the Terminal window. There, paste the following command shown below and press the Return key: csrutil disable. As soon as you will do that, The Apple System Integrity Protection will be disabled.
- Then, restart. After it, you have to log in to your system through your admin account. Always remember, you can remove default apps from your Mac computer only if you have the administrator rights.
- Next, you have to type the command cd /Applications/and then have to hit the return button if you have signed into your administrator account.
- At last, use up the below mentioned final command to delete the default Apple application.
Note: Always remember, your iTunes application will be deleted right at the moment. When you perform the delete process of iTunes through Terminal, It will not ask for the system confirmation. Also, after deleting up the iTunes, enable SIP to protect the other important apps from removal.
To achieve so, all you need to do is to restart your Mac once again. Then, take into the use of the shortcut Command+ R. After it, open up the terminal and thus type the command as csrutil enable.
This was all about the manual way to remove iTunes from Your Mac computer.
How to Uninstall iTunes on a Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller Tool
App cleaner and uninstaller is a software tool which let you uninstall itunes mac or any app on your Mac computer. Also, it features reset default apps functionality. Don’t worry; it removes the file most accurately, easily and safely. It performs and gets your work done in just a few clicks!
If still, you doubt this special software tool, you can even go for the free trial of it. You can easily download it and thus can test its performance. As mentioned above, to remove the iTunes and its executable files completely, you first have to disable the system integrity protection and thus start using the uninstaller.
If you are looking for the measures to free up the disk space by removing the useless iTunes service files such as cookies, cache, preferences etc, follow the below- mentioned steps:
Step 1: First of all, start App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Step 2: After launching it up, go to the preferences section
Step 3: Next, enable the option Display System Applications from the general tab.
Step 4: As soon as you are done, this special software tool will start scanning your all apps and will start showing them in the left section of its window as they proceed. All you need to do is to Select iTunes service files in the right section and finally hit the Remove button.
Step 5: Next, you have to click the button to approve the removal of the application
That’s all! Now you must have understood that it’s damn way easy to remove iTunes application, a default application from your Mac computer is never a hard and fast method. It is super easy to implement.
So, these were some of the methods to remove iTunes from your Mac computer in a super easy manner. If you are squeezed with any doubts, confusion, suggestions, feel free to comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you and would all your questions as soon as possible. So, what are you waiting for? Comment now!